Please note: because of the coronavirus pandemic all Hall bookings have been cancelled until further notice. We hope the situation will be resolved by the later part of the year, so will be pleased to consider future bookings on a provisional basis.
Our Hall is sited just across the car park from the church. It has been in use since 1978 for an active mix of church parish and diocesan activities, along with a wide range of community social and educational programmes. Some of our regular users are listed below.
- For enquiries about hiring the Hall please phone Sue Carr on 0755 311 4531 or email email@example.com
- Current bookings may be viewed here: Calendar
From the early days of the parish there was always an intention to build a Parish Hall whenever resources would allow. The opportunity came about in 1977 when the Manpower Services Commission was able to help certain community building projects through the Job Creation Scheme. This meant that a church hall that was also available for community functions could be built with labour funded by the Commission. The church would fund the building materials. On this understanding, a Parish Building Committee was formed, LAG Pritchard & Partners, the architects of the church, were again engaged, and a foreman was recruited to supervise the building labour. The Hall was completed and officially opened on 30th June 1978 by Bishop William Grasar.
Regular users of St. Columba’s Hall include:
- Beavers: Tuesday evenings, contact 0799 087 4259
- Brownies: Wednesday evenings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guides: Wednesday evenings, contact Helen 07828 412802
- Ladies Badminton: Wednesday mornings, contact 01244 383660
- Mixed Badminton: Thursday evenings, contact 01244 383660
- Heart Support Group: First Monday of each month, 7.30pm, contact 01244 547713
- Chester U3A: Separate groups on first Tuesday & second Thursday of each month, 10.00am, contact email@example.com
- Class Fitness: Mondays at 6.00pm, Tuesdays at 9.30am – but ring 07977 388388 to confirm venue
- Ballroom Dancing: Tuesdays 7pm and 3rd Sundays at 4pm. Contact Dawn 01244 881092
- Sewing Group: Every fourth Wednesday, 2pm. Contact 01244 321333
- Let’s Move Together (Fitness Class): Every Monday, 10am. Contact 07933 306745