Out Hall is sited just across the car park from the church. It has been in use since 1978 for an active mix of church parish and diocesan activities, along with a wide range of community social and educational programmes. Some of our regular users are listed below.
- For enquiries about hiring the Hall please phone Sue Carr on 0755 311 4531 or email email@example.com
- Current bookings may be viewed here: Calendar
From the early days of the parish there was always an intention to build a Parish Hall whenever resources would allow. The opportunity came about in 1977 when the Manpower Services Commission was able to help certain community building projects through the Job Creation Scheme. This meant that a church hall that was also available for community functions could be built with labour funded by the Commission. The church would fund the building materials. On this understanding, a Parish Building Committee was formed, LAG Pritchard & Partners, the architects of the church, were again engaged, and a foreman was recruited to supervise the building labour. The Hall was completed and officially opened on 30th June 1978 by Bishop William Grasar.
Regular users of St. Columba’s Hall include:
- Beavers: Tuesday evenings, contact 0799 087 4259
- Brownies: Wednesday evenings, contact 07817 882689
- Guides: Wednesday evenings, contact 07828 412802
- Ladies Badminton: Wednesday mornings, contact 01244 383660
- Mixed Badminton: Thursday evenings, contact 01244 383660
- Heart Support Group: First Monday of each month, 7.30pm, contact 01244 335676
- Chester U3A: Separate groups on first Tuesday & second Thursday of each month, 10.00am, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness: Mondays at 6.00pm, Tuesdays at 9.30am – but ring 0797 738 8388 to confirm venue
- Salsa Class & Dance: Contact Mike for further details, 0774 574 7875
- Sewing Group: Every fourth Wednesday afternoon, contact 01244 321333